April 18, 2013

Worldwide Wardrobe

Cocktail in NY
TOTAL: 186 Euros

Fashion and Travels are probably my two favourite obsessions so when I found the Worldwide Wardrobe Competition by Travel Supermarket I couldn't resist! The challenge is to put together an outfit inspired by one or all of the five chosen destinations - Cocktails in New York CitySightseeing in Paris, Clubbing in Ibiza, Shopping in London and Raving on the beach in Thailand. 
For Cocktails in NY I had a little brainstorming moment. I thought of New York and cocktails and all I imagined was Carrie Bradshaw having a Cosmopolitan in a super fashion club.
I started with shoes and I decided to go with nude shoes, you can't go wrong with nude because it's perfect for any outfit! Shoes are the items I splurged the most because I honestly think a shoe can change everything, so here it is the Zara Nude heels. Second item: a sequined mini. Who says sequins are just for night time? I think sequins are perfect for any part of the day, you just have to find the right outfit. I went for pastels because I'm so over winter and Spring in NY is so beautiful. To spice up the whole look I went for a sexy bodysuit, with a beige blazer to tone it down. Bold nightwear to go out is co Carrie-ish, isn't it? Chunky chain necklaces scream New York to me (don't ask why but in my mind I think of Kanye and Jay-Z and they're so NY!). I like to add a pop of colour and this Nine West Clutch is the perfect find: edgy and small, to rock your look. No special lipstick for me because we're going to have a few drinks girls and we don't want our lipstick to smudge. Better to choose a nice nail polish that can look good near our cocktail. The lovely minty colour of Essie "Mint Apple" looks perfect with my Cosmo, plus there's a reference to the Apple (you get it, right?). To finish up everything here's my beloved Cosmopolitan but I hope I won't have to pay for that ! ;)


Clubbing in Ibiza
TOTAL: 197 Euros
I had the lucky chance to live a summer in Ibiza and trust me: it's something everyone deserves at least once in life! I started with a Monki white bodycon dress: white is a must to show off the lovely bronzy tan of Ibiza sun. I decided to spice it up with a denim gilet which balance the look and Dolce Vita espadrilles wedges in a super trendy neon yellow colour. When you're in Ibiza you leave the night to go to Pacha and you may find yourself still dancing like a crazy at midday so I created a look that can be perfect to rock the beach too: just remember to wear a bikini underneath! As accessories I went for a statement bangle and neckalce, both in gold: I love white and gold. Don't forget to go bold with makeup too: a fuxhia lipstick, false lashes and sparkling nail polish are a must. To finish off the look I went with a bright orange clutch: perfect to put inside your lipstick and phone. And now: let's go clubbing girls!!

Shopping in London
TOTAL: 190 Euros
London is my favourite city in the world. Yes, that's right. I love the vibe, I love the atmosphere, everything is so amazing and unique. To create this look I got inspiration from super iconic British icons: the Beatles, Kate Moss, punk. I started with River Island pleather pants: so nice and edgy. Layering is the key for London weather so I layered a Boy London (duh) top with a Warehouse military jacket in blue (Yes, I do believe in black and blue together) and a Woolrich plaid scarf to stay warm. As for shoes I decided to go for the iconic Chelsea boots but in a unique colour: this mustard looks amazing with the jacket and the scarf. No better bag than a satchel to put a super handy umbrella (which happens to be super cool too, thanks Zara!). To complete the look I'll go with a bright red lips: Rimmel by Kate fits perfectly in the look.
Sightseeing in Paris
TOTAL: 137 Euros
Paris is romance to me. Pastels, flowers, spring. To go sightseeing you have to be comfortable, so say yes to super trendy brogues and Abercrombie & Fitch floraly pants. To bright up the look I opt for a fluo pink peplum top by New look, loud but feminine, to wear with a chic pearl necklace and a cropped blazer which is an homage to Coco's blazer and stripes. Finally, to add another spring colour I opt for a yellow mellow Zara quilted bag which has an hint of the iconic 2.55 without being an exact copy. Oui. oui!

On the beach in Thailand
TOTAL: 200 Euros
Thailand: heaven on earth, but still with some unknown adventures to offer. For this look I mix ethnic fashion with glamorous one having always in mind that you have to stay comfortable too. A bikini is a must have. I created one mixing an H&M top with Crush & Bom bottom, lovely right? I really like bikini with tiny jewellery and this Peggy Li necklace looks lovely with the turquoise. As a cover up for that I chose a Yumi romper. Rompers are practicle but still comfortable if you find yourself exploring the island. For this same reason I chose espadrilles over flip flops. An ethnic hobo bag is essential same as sunglasses: I opt for this Westward Leaning ones, fashionable but charity friendly too: 10% of the price goes to a charity association. To finish everything off I chose a lipgloss: this Benefit coral ligloss will look amazing with tan and sunglasses!

5 comments:

  1. Love the sightseeing in Paris look, especially the trousers..
    I've done an entry too if you would like a peek :)

    Amanda x
    thefridayfiles.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/worldwidewardrobe.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your Shopping in London entry x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of a worldwide guardarobe...You forgot the "Italian JOB" !! I love most "shopping in London" leather, leather and boyish style !!! maybe you can add this leather jacket with chains !!! that is glamours whit a little bit of ROAR http://www.michelenegri.com/it/shop/donna/4/abbigliamento/27/giubbotti/222/giacca-in-pelle-trapuntata--

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!
xoxo

Skimlinks Test