December 17, 2015

Smell like...a unique spirit!

One thing I don't really understand about human being is how they choose their perfumes. What we all do is being carried away by "on trend" and end up buying the same scents. Billions of people smelling the same. I don't really get it.
I like perfumes to be like a signature. I adore when someone recognize you just by the scent you leave in the air. It's exciting, isn't it?
So, today I'll share with you three of my precious perfume discoveries. Quite unusual but really really nice.
And, as we all know, perfumes are one of the Christmas bestsellers so all boyfriends out there get inspiration from there.
Acqua dell'Elba "Blue"
I've recently discovered this scent. L'isola d'Elba is a tiny island in the Tirrenean Sea part of Tuscany, Italy. This brand comes from there and their ultimate goal is to capture the magic of the sea in a bottle. Well, they did with this perfume. I'll leave the description to them since I'm not very good at describing scents: "This has the elegance, the intensity and the immensity of the sea captured in a fresh, sensual harmony.
It is the perfume of the deepest intimacy, of self perception,of the soul, of harmony and refinement.
A feminine harmony:
It has been created with the notes of:
fig, jasmine, helichrysium and mandarin,
water-lily, anthemis and marine cistus,
fig-wood, cedarwood and Phoenicean Juniper."
If you like fresh, sparkly and feminine scents, you'll adore this. Prices are really friendly.


Elie Saab "Le Parfum"
This is my actual signature scent. I've had so many compliments by boys on this, I was quite surprised. I'd describe it as a classic but fresh perfume. It's the type of perfume I think you, your grandma and your mom all love. And again, here's the description: "Like an Haute Couture dress cut in a precioud fabric, the Eau de Parfum celebrates the splendour and radiance of a glowing femininity. The bottle, a true jewel of glass and light, infinitely reflects the honeyed-gold nuances of the perfume.
Fragrance Style
Woody-floral
Fragrance Note
Top note: Orange blossom
Middle note: Jasmine absolute, a legendary flower in perfumery, imparting voluptuousness and elegance to the fragrance"
This one is not really purse friendly but still on average designer scent cost.



Elisabeth and James "Nirvana White"
This might be a bestseller oversea but here in Europe is not really well known. I got it when I was in NY because I sniffed a roller and felt in love. Plus, every fashion girl of this planet would love to steal perfume from Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen (owners of the brand). Here's how Sephora describes it: "Elizabeth and James Nirvana White is a captivating blend of delicate peony, chic muguet, and tender musk for a feminine scent with dark sophistication. 
Launched in 2007, Elizabeth and James embodies the duality of sophistication and feminine detail balanced with downtown edge and masculine tailoring. The fashion brand's contemporary-yet-timeless aesthetic offers the modern girl clothing and accessories that make stylish everyday dressing effortless. 
Ashley and Mary-Kate wanted the signature fragrance for Elizabeth and James to embody the same sense of duality inherent to their partnership and the brand. The result was not one, but two blends—distinctly different, but undeniably connected. 
Notes:
Peony, Muguet, Tender Musk. 
Style:
Sophisticated. Feminine. Captivating."
Quite expensive but you can always do like me and opt for the lovely roller to throw in your bag for any occasion!


I've found out reading the notes of all these that I'm quite a floral girl. I adore Jasmin and citrus fruits. One thing I know is I hate powdery and really strong scents.

What's your signature perfume? Let me know in the comments!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!
xoxo

Skimlinks Test