January 25, 2016

Contouring like a Kardashian

I'm back to my blog with an haul/review of a product I randomly find in the web. Here's the story. I was watching Charlotte Crosby's (yes, the Geordie Shore one, she's hilarious) Get Ready With Me video and I noticed she was using a really yummy contour palette.
I immediately went to the comments and I noticed other people eyed the palette and finally, comments after comments, someone said: "it's a Contour Cosmetics palette!".



I went to their website (http://www.contourcosmetics.co.uk) and found the palette in a blink of an eye.
The company is focused on contour products. Little selection but great stuff.
There's 2 versions of the palette: the original and the number 2. The difference is just in colors (the "2" is a bit colder). I read online and a lot of people said they preferred the original anyway so I went and got my Contour Cosmetics baby.



The palette came in a week more or less. It was perfectly packaged in customized paper.
It's made of cardboard (never had a cardboard palette so I'm not sure how it will work) and completely white.
Inside the palette there's a protective clear sheet.
The product is wonderful: creamy but not greasy and super pigmented. Once you use it on the skin it turns matte and almost silky.
The pigmentation is stunning and yes, probably the Original has a bit warmer colors but still really suitable for all skin tones (I'm more of a cold girl). Swatches you see below are one swipe!



The price is...a bit of a downside. I got it during Christmas deals with 20 or 30% discount but the standard price is 42£. For the 6 cream products you have in there it's not super expensive (you pay 7£ per color) but still, if you're not into contour and highlight it's a bit pricey.



Overall, I rate this product a 4.5 out of 5. 

UPDATE: 20% discount until Jan 30 on the website with code JANUARYBLUES20

Would you be interested into buying this? Let me know in the comments!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

4 comments:

  1. It sounds amazing but to be honest the price did put me off slightly, I've found products really similar for a lot cheaper! If it goes on sale again like when you bought it I may be tempted haha.

    Great review!

    polishedcouture.wordpress.com xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! Yes, I probably wouldn't buy it at full price. Keep track of their offers because it's really great!
      Claudia

      Delete
  2. Bellissimi i colori, adoro questa tipologia di prodotto in crema, lo trovo più performante! ^-^
    Peccato per il prezzo :(
    Un bacione :*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ciao cara! La pigmentazione mi ha sorpresa tantissimo..copre il tatuaggio con una passata!
      Grazie per il commento!

      Delete

Thanks!
xoxo

Skimlinks Test